The P-CCS Learn. Prepare. Thrive. Newsletters
Newsletters for the following dates are archived here as links to PDF documents.
Learn. Prepare.Thrive is published bi-weekly during the school year to highlight district events and achievements.
Learn.Prepare.Thrive Updates 2018-2019
Find PDF versions of the following Newsletters in this Google Folder
- October 9, 2018 LPT in 3 Podcast: P-CEP Community Open House is Nov. 8; 'Showcase' Celebrates EEF Grants; Arts Academy Shines at Fall Arts Fest; Hear Beautiful Sounds of Fall at P-CEP
'MFG Day' Delivers again for P-CCS; and DAR Essay contest Offers Opportunity. Spotlight on the Balcony features Kristy Harry, Discovery Middle School Counselor.
- September 25, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: P-CCS Sisters 'Construct' lifelong dream; Get Involved with P-CCS! ; 'Moments with Merritt' focuses on new School Safety, Security Chief; Euchre is in the cards to benefit 88.1; and 'Stem Shorts' focus on young learnersl Images of Excellence showcases a Skilled Trades Workshop at Salem HS; the champion P-CEP Winter Guard; Hoben Young 5s and the Plymouth HS Homecoming Pep Rally. Spotlight on the Balcony features Danielle Ramos, Plymouth HS Assistant Principal.
- September 11, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: "Coffee with Monica" returns Sept. 27; P-CCS Spirit Wear Store is now open; Hiring Champions for Students, job openings; Images of Excellence include first day of school and antique cars; Spotlight on the Balcony features Julie Laurette, Liberty Middle School Paraprofessional.
Learn.Prepare.Thrive Updates 2017-2018
Find PDF versions of the following Newsletters in this Google Folder
- June 5, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Back to School Bash Aug. 25; Images of Excellence; Spotlight on the balcony features Katie Perino, Hulsing Elementary
- May 15, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Live.Dream.Create P-CCS's Annual K-12 Art Show; Coffee with Monica; Yankee Air Summer opportunities; Images of Excellence; Spotlight on the balcony features Bob deBear, Plymouth High School Science
- May 1, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Pioneer Pride! Kevin Rhein named MASSP Middle Level Principal of the Year; P-CEP Robotics seals another great competition season; Celebrate P-CCS' past at "Great Schools, Great Students" exhibit; Images of Excellence photo gallery; and "Spotlight on the Balcony" features Michelle Davies, Plymouth HS English Teacher.
- April 17, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Your Voice Counts! P-CCS, K12 Insight launch community, staff climate surveys for third consecutive year; P-CEP Winter Guard Finishes Second at Worlds in Dayton, OH; Liberty Science Olympiad Qualifies for State Competition; Photo gallery "Images of Excellence!" "Spotlight on the Balcony" featuring Renee Nowaske, East MS
- March 27, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Support P-CCS at Uncorked! EEF's Annual Wine Tasting Fundraiser Set for April 20; Be the Change’ at the 2018 SJ5K at P-CEP; Beloved Community M.L.K. Essay Contest Returns for 2018; Field Trip: Pioneer staff holds PD in Holocaust Museum; Canton Chamber to host ‘Boot Camp’ for Critical Skills; Park Students Thrive At MMPC Math Competition; World Champ Robotics Nabs Canton Twp. Achiever Award; East MS Garners C-SPAN, Math, Chemist Recognition; Photo gallery "Images of Excellence!"; and "Spotlight on the Balcony" featuring Kayla Green, Allen Early Learning Academy
- March 13, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Open the ‘CURTAINS’! Park Players bring musical comedy to Salem stage; Experience all P-CEP Offers at the 2018 Extravaganza; 88.1 The Park Staff Honored by Michigan Broadcasters; Bird’s Burnstein Scores Award from USA Hockey; Discovery MS Band Shines at MSOBA Festival; and "Spotlight on the Balcony" featuring Penny Kazmierski, Farrand & Bird Elementary.
- February 27, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Kindergarten, Young 5s Registration Now Open!; Limited School of Choice Approved for 2018-19 School Year; Class of 2018 Vendor Fair on Saturday, March 3; New Date: Tune In and ‘Rock The Park’ to support 88.1; Field 3rd Graders have Virtual Visit with ‘Origami Yoda’; Be informed at the Vaping 101 Event in March; P-CCS Community Education - Winter and Spring courses; and "Spotlight on the Balcony" featuring Joyce Napier, Eriksson Elementary.
- February 13, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: P-CCS To host Realtors on Feb. 28; It’s Tradition: P-CEP Lightning Robotics to Unveil ‘Glitch’; Stem Academy, HELLA Group partner to support students; One of a Kind: Isbister leads ‘Great Kindness Challenge’; Plymouth Rotary Scholarship applications available!; P-CEP Bands busy with preparation, performances; and P-CCS Community Education - Winter and Spring courses
- January 30, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Winter ‘Coffee with Monica’ Set for Feb. 12 in Rock Cafe; P-CCS Leaders Seeking Community Ideas for 2018-19 Budget; Six P-CEP Music Students Selected as MSBOA All-State; Tune in and ‘Rock the Park’ to support 88.1; Unified Basketball Team Plays First Home Game on Feb. 12; P-CEP Students Shine at BPA Conference, Qualify for States; Miller Students ‘Rock’ to Spread Kindness to Community; "Spotlight on the Balcony" featured educator: Amber Hawkins, Bentley Elementary.
- January 16, 2018 and LPT in 3 Podcast: BON APPÉTIT! Support P-CEP Culinary Team at Feb. 1 Dinner; MI Cyber Safety Presentation coming to West on Wednesday; P-CEP Celebrates Diversity at Annual Show on Jan. 19; Plymouth High School Congress offer kids 'Animal for a Day'; On the Air: Moments with Merritt, East Middle School's Kazmierski; featured educator: Cheri Steckel, Plymouth High School.
- December 19, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Durham Bus Tracker app; Coffee with Monica Jan. 17; P-C Literacy Council looking for volunteers; Featured teacher: Maureen Visser
- December 5, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: "Little Shop of Horrors"; Libraries receive 21st Century Status Recognition; "Variety IS" annual variety show. Featured teacher: MaryBeth Revesz.
- November 14, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: PCMB at Grand Nationals; SJ5K 2018 nominations; featured teachers Erin Parris-Dallia and Kristen Hames.
- October 31, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: Park Players "Moon Over Buffalo"; School start and end time survey coming soon; Online nomination for TAG Testing begins; PHS teacher Scott Thomas receives United Cerebral Palsy award; Lightning Robotics featured at international summit; East Chess Team wins state K-8 championship; Marching Band has 3 first place finishes in recent competitions. Spotlight on Jill Weeda, Bentley Elementary; P-CCS in the News and Fall offerings from P-CCS Community Education.
- October 17, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: P-CEP Community Open House; EEF Annual 'Showcase of Grants': 88.1 Vinyl Recall Exhibit at PARC; Great Lakes Invitational Marching Band exhibition; Fall Concert by P-CEP Choirs and Orchestras; Spotlight on teacher Regina Wilburn; and "P-CCS in the News"
- September 26, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: State Superintendent visits SL21 Award winning East MS Media Center; IB Student-led refugee service project; Moments with Merritt and Dr. Mike Bender; Spotlight on teacher Shelley Rebecca and "P-CCS in the News"
- September 12, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast: P-CCS Spirit Wear; Open Positions; College for Creative Studies at PARC; Sign up for eNotification; P-CCS Mobile App; Spotlight on Scott Beaman; and "P-CCS in the News"
- Summer Communication (8/19/2017): School Year Calendar; Bell Times; Sign up for eNotification; Update MISTAR information; New Student Registration; Transportation Information; Schedule Pick Up dates for Middle and High Schools; Preschool & Extended Day Enrollment; P-CEP Athletics & Activities; Dates for future P-CEP students; Food & Nutrition; and Back to School Bash.
Find PDF versions of the Newsletters in this Google Folder
- June 20, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast - Back to School Bash; K12 Insight Climate Survey Report available; 2017-18 District Calendar and Bell times released; Music Boosters Benefit Run; Community Education;and "P-CCS In the News"
- June 6, 2017 and LPT in 3 Podcast - '88.1 The Park' radio station featured on WDIV; Bird 1st graders visit Veteran's Memorial Park; 'Lost Voices' Concert June 17; P-CCS Libraries inspire a million minutes of reading; SJ5K benefit run sets new record this year.
- May 23, 2017 - 'LPT in 3' Podcast premieres; Beloved Community Essay Winners; East MS Awards; Writing and Video Contest winners
- May 8, 2017 - Robotics Team World Champs!; P-CCS Spirit Wear; Roberts' winning Severe Weather poster: Middle School Science Olympiad; P-CEP Accounting students take challenge; Bentley celebrates culture!
- April 24, 2017 - Comm. Ed brochure; 40 Years of IPSEP; Close Up Trip; Awards for The Perspective; Barefoot in the Park
- April 10, 2017 - Dodson Celebration; Pioneer 'Road to Find Out'; Liberty Sci. Olympiad; East/Smith Read; P-CEP student leadership receive honors; Canton Supervisor Williams reads to Workman
- March 27, 2017 - SJ5K information; Discovery Band to play with DSO; Starkweather is 'MixItUp' model school
- March 13, 2017 - K12 Insight Survey; Salem Boys Bowling State Champs; School of Choice approved
- February 27, 2017 - Merritt EdTalk; East honored by Nat'l Forum; Bentley Optimist Spelling Bee
- February 13, 2017- Kdg. Registration; NPR features P-CCS Diversity; Zuzo teacher of the week on WNIC
- January 30, 2017 - Dillon wins 'Excellence in Education' Award; East, Liberty wind FIRST Lego Title;Toys4Tots
- January 16, 2017 - P-CEP at MIFA Debate State; USA Hockey Opportunities; Merritt to deliver MLK Keynote
- December 12, 2017 - Sidhu appointed to School Bd.; Merritt's first year; Hospitality Program award; Special Ed.
- November 28, 2016 - West, Liberty staff square off; Smith supports troops; Alumnus visits Bird; "Almost Maine"
- November 7, 2016 - RESA Enhancement Millage, live coverage on 88.1, "Blithe Spirit" and News & Notes
- October 24, 2016 - RESA Enhancement Millage; EEF Grant Showcase; Silvester Cemetery Project on Radio
- October 10, 2016 - Open House Nov. 3; EEF announces Grants; 88.1The Park finalist at Marconi awards
- September 26, 2016 - Bentley playground; P-CEP SRO Program; RESA Enhancement Millage and more
- September 12, 2016 - Parent Council; 'Moments with Merritt' radio; 'Coffee with Monica'; Parent Ambassadors.
- Summer Communication 2016 - June - September; Gallimore Science Olympiad; Back to School; School of Choice; EEF Golf Outing.