Kindergarten Readiness - Developmentally Appropriate - Literacy Rich Classrooms
Early Childhood Programs
Allen Early Learning Academy
11100 Haggerty Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important 2018-2019 Dates
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Parent Information Meeting
Discovery Middle School Auditeria
45083 Hanford Road, Canton
March 12 through March 23, 2018
New Family Preschool Registration Applications Accepted
Early Childhood Registration 2017-18
- Out of district families are welcome to register for our Early Childhood Programs; the registration fee for in-district is $75.00/Out of District $110.00, but tuition is then the same for both.
- DUE TO AN INCREASE IN BANK FEES, A $6 PROCESSING FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO EACH MONTHLY TUITION PAYMENT MADE BY VISA OR MASTERCARD.
- In order to register for our programs, ALL forms need to be sent in: all 3 registration forms along with options page indicating which program you are registering for, along with ALL required documents: birth certificate, latest physical from wellness checkup dated two years or less, proof of residency if in-district such as a recently dated utility/tax bill (cannot be drivers' license), updated immunization record, and registration fee. If we do not have ALL registration forms and required documents/registration fee, we cannot complete the registration.
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year continues until full. You will find all registration forms below.
Materials that need to be completed and returned to the Early Childhood Office are:
- Class Options Page
- P-CCS Preschool Registration Form
- Child and Family Information
- Student Registration Form
- School Health Information Form
- Health Appraisal/Physical Form
- Child Information Record
Along with registration paperwork please bring:
- Copy of Original Birth Certificate
- Copy of Physical dated two years or less
- Copy of immunization record
- Proof of residency (e.g.recently dated copy of utility/tax bill; drivers' license or Michigan ID cannot be accepted)
- $75 registration fee ($110 for non-district residents)
Class Openings and Registration Forms: OUR OPTIONS PAGES ARE UPDATED DAILY, AS NEEDED
Registration Paperwork can be faxed into our office at (734) 416-6188, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, mailed at PO Box 5519, Plymouth, 48170, or dropped off at our office at Allen Early Learning Academy (address above).
- The Stay N' Play 2-Year-Old Program is at Allen Early Learning Academy, the cost is $19.00/class period. Class meets once a week, and will be offered Monday, Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 9:15-11:15, or 12:15-2:15. Thursdays & Fridays only have morning sessions from 8:45-10:45. Children need to be 2 years old by September 1, 2017; a parent/adult must stay with the child during the class. For safety reasons, siblings are not allowed.
- The 3-Year-Old Half Day Program is at Canton H.S., Gallimore Elementary, Field Elementary & Allen Early Learning Academy, the cost is $23.50/class period. There are 2-day/week & 3-day/week options available, mornings are 8:15-11:15 and afternoons are 12:00-3:00, or 12:15-3:15. Children need to be 3 years old by September 1, 2017 and MUST be toilet-trained.
- The 4-Year-Old Half Day Program is at Canton H.S., Field Elementary, Gallimore Elementary, & Allen Early Learning Academy, the cost is $23.50 per class period. There are 3-day/week & 4-day/week options available, mornings are 8:15-11:15, and afternoons will run 12:00-3:00 or 12:15-3:15. Children need to be 4 years old by September 1, 2016 and MUST be toilet-trained.
- The Pre-K 4-Year-Old Program will be offered at Bentley Elementary & Allen Early Learning Academy, and will cost $38.00/class period (does not include lunch). It will run Monday - Thursday 8:15-3:15. Children need to be 4 years old by September 1, 2017 and MUST be toilet-trained.
- The 4-Year-Old GSRP Grant Program is at Eriksson Elementary, and runs Monday through Thursday 8:15-3:15. The Screenings for the 4-Year-Old GSRP Program will not take place until mid-May; please indicate on your options form that you are interested in this, along with making other selections, and provide a copy of your 2016 1040 tax form. Children need to be 4 years old by September 1, 2017 and MUST be toilet-trained.
If you are selecting the 4-year old GSRP Program as a selection, we will need a copy of your 2016 1040 tax form with the registration paperwork, in order to pre-screen for the low income risk factor. . Selection for this is based on low-income guidelines given to us by the State of Michigan, and are based on your 2016 1040 Tax form (CANNOT USE W-2'S), along with at least one other risk factor. We always suggest listing other selections on your options form, to ensure a placement. You would need to provide your 2016 1040 tax form with your registration forms and required documents, to pre-screen for income eligibility. We would then contact you if applicable, to then set up a screening appointment. Also, due to the fact that we are funded by the state, and the Headstart/Starfish program is funded federally, if you fit into their low-income financial guidelines we must refer you to their program for placement.
- Our Full Day 3 & 4-year-old programs are at Gallimore Elementary & Allen Early Learning Academy, the cost is $46.00/class period if signed up for the full week, $49.00/class period for 2-4 days (price does not include lunch). The program runs from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Children need to be 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2017 and MUST be toilet-trained.
This parent/child class is designed for two-year-old children and their parents to interact with each other and their peers in a relaxed classroom atmosphere.
Stay & Play classes are taught at Allen Early Learning Academy located at 11100 Haggerty Road in Plymouth.
Sessions meet for two hours, once per week, September through May. Morning sessions are 9:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday; 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Thursday or Friday. Afternoon sessions are available from 12:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Class size is small (8 to 10 students per class) and appropriate activities are planned for toddlers. The teacher provides circle time activities, story time during class and also provides a snack for the children.
The cost is $17 per session, 30 sessions (weeks) total, payable in four installments over the school year. Being toilet trained is not required. For safety reasons, siblings are not allowed in the class.
This kindergarten readiness preschool option offers inquiry-based learning in an exploratory program where children use the materials in the classroom to explore and discover. Classes meet from September through mid-June. There are morning and afternoon sessions available.
Three-year-olds meet for three hours per day, two or three days per week. There are 16 preschool students per two staff members (ratio 8:1).
Four-year-olds meet for three hours per day, two through five days per week . There are 18 preschool students per two staff members (ratio 9:1).
Staff are educated and experienced with young children and provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
At Canton High School, along with the classroom staff, high school students enrolled in a Child Development Course interact with children on a daily basis.
PLUS Preschool is a tuition-free program for eligible four-year-old children who reside in the district. Eligibility is first based on the low income guidelines given to us by the State of Michigan (we MUST have your 1040 tax form to determine eligibility; W2's cannot be used), along with other risk factors. Program availability is dependent upon receipt of state funding. All teachers possess a Michigan Teaching Certificate with an Early Childhood Endorsement. Classes meet four days per week from 8:15 am - 3:15 pm The program runs from September through June.
- First: Low Family Income Guidelines from the State of Michigan, then:
- Diagnosed Disability or Identified Developmental Delay
- Abuse/Neglect of Child or Parent
- Primary Home Language other than English
- Severe or Challenging Behavior
- Parent with low educational attainment
- Environmental Risk
Once eligibility is determined, children will be selected based on selection criteria. Those children with the highest needs will be selected first. Other program notes include:
- Children who are four by September 1 of program year are eligible. Children who are eligible for kindergarten are not eligible for the PLUS preschool program.
- Proof of income (1040 Tax Form signed by tax preparer) is an additional item needed for registration; W2's cannot be used.
- Two home visits and two parent-teacher conferences are program requirements.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the child's classroom once per month.
- Regular attendance is necessary to remain in the program.
- Transportation and after-school care are not provided by the program.
- 2017-2018 PLUS Preschool Parent Handbook
- District Map of Schools
- GSRP Grant Program Preschool 2017-2018 Calendar
The Early Childhood Department is excited to offer full day PreK preschool for 3 and 4 year old children at Allen Early Learning Academy located at 11100 Haggerty Road in Plymouth and at Gallimore Elementary School. The classes will be available from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm 2-5 days per week. Tuition includes morning and afternoon snack.