What is EEF?
EEF is the Educational Excellence Foundation serving Plymouth-Canton Community Schools. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that exists for the benefit of students in the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools.
Who We Are:
The Educational Excellence Foundation (“EEF”) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1985, for the exclusive purpose of providing financial and other support for students in Plymouth-Canton Schools.
Helping students achieve their highest potential through strong community partnerships that enhance the P-CCS educational experience.
EEF promotes a culture of giving that reflects this community’s passion for academic excellence.
What We Do:
- Develop partnerships with community members, organizations and businesses.
- Provide opportunities for community involvement.
- Award grants for classroom innovation and enhancements.
- Manage and administer PTO and Booster Group investments.
- Generate and manage an endowment to support the present and future of this District.
- Facilitate donations from those who want to contribute, but would like anonymity or guidance.
Programs We Support:
- Classroom Enhancement Grants
- Performing Arts Initiatives
- Scholarship Coordination and Awards
- New Teacher Welcome Program
- Honor a Teacher Program
- Planned Giving Focused on Education
Did you know:
- Under Proposal A, passed in 1994, local communities can no longer raise taxes to support their own school district.
- Real estate values no longer have a direct correlation to school funding.
- Funding for public education in Michigan has been declining for many years.
- Unreliable funding, increasing mandates and economic downturn are hampering our district’s ability to provide the high quality education that best serves our community.
- Revenue has increased at 1/3 the rate of expenses, many of which are beyond the district’s direct control.
How can you support EEF?
- Make a donation
- Be an event sponsor
- Underwrite grants
- Commit to a sustained giving program
- Strong schools are essential to the quality of life and future well-being of our community.
- Strengthening our schools directly impacts property values, attracts economic development, and reflects the pride we have in our community
How can I find out more?
- Read more about EEF, Board of Trustees, Sponsors and Donors HERE
- Click HERE for a list of recent grant recipients.
- Click HERE to view, print, or download our brochure
Educators and Schools
To learn more about EEF grant procedures and to apply for a grant, please click HERE
Educational Excellence Foundation
E.J. McClendon Educational Center
454 South Harvey Street
Plymouth MI 48170
Gretchen Ward, Executive Director