BRIDGE is a summer transition program for incoming ninth graders at risk of failure. The Bridge Program is a unique summer learning initiative for up to 48 incoming 9th grade students in the Plymouth-Canton School District. Eligible students may have experienced academic and/or behavioral difficulties in middle school, and are at risk for failure in 9th grade. The goal of the Bridge program is to create a non-traditional learning environment that empowers students with the necessary individual, academic, and communication skills for success in high school. Please see the attachments below for the program flyer and application.
Becky Kraft, Program Director email@example.com
BRIDGE is a summer program for incoming ninth graders who need extra support as they transition to high school. The goal of the Bridge program is to create a non-traditional learning environment that empowers students with the necessary individual, academic, interpersonal, and communication skills for success in high school.
Contact program director Becky Kraft at for more information
2018 Bridge Program Flyer [PDF]
THE PROGRAM FOCUSES ON:
Resources available at P-CEP
Familiarity with P-CEP campus and staff
Relationship, behavior, & project management
Writing skills & study strategies
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- LOCATION: Canton High School
- CREDIT: Participants can earn one high school elective credit from the P-CEP Growth Department
- TRANSPORTATION: Transportation is provided. Buses pick students up at their local elementary school
- Monday through Friday from 7:15 am - 1:20 pm
Session begins: Monday, June 25, 2018
Session ends: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
NO CLASSES: July 4, 5, 6, 20
- FAMILY NIGHTS: Students AND PARENTS will meet in Canton High School Bridge classrooms Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- FIELD TRIP: Adventure challenge and team-building activities
- FAMILY PICNIC: Families are invited to join us at McClumpha Park on July 25 from 6 PM to 8 PM
Tuition for the five-week program is $300.
Students who qualify for reduced lunch will qualify for a reduced tuition rate of $175.
Additional tuition assistance is available - contact program director firstname.lastname@example.org.
A deposit of $100 is due with application for enrollment.
TO APPLY FOR BRIDGE, CONTACT YOUR CHILD’S COUNSELOR.
PARENT COMMENTS ABOUT BRIDGE
“My child is more confident about attending high school.”
“I’ve seen such a change in my daughter. She was excited about school and would come home and tell me about things she had done that day. It helps raise self-esteem and teamwork. As a parent, I learned things about myself.”
“(Bridge) helped my son to listen and be a leader, not a follower.”