Click for weather forecast
7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
We are open for students before and after school, as well as during lunch recess with a pass.
Mrs. Davies - Media Specialist/Technology Integrationist
Mrs. Jackson - Technology Parapro
- Destiny – Search our library catalog from home or school.
- ALSC - Summer Reading List (6-8)
- Yalsa - Teen Reading
- Goodreads - Top 100 Middle School Reads
- Novelist - Find books by subject, genre, favorites
Collection and Resources
Our collection contains over 10,000 books, magazines, resources, and equipment. A link is available for our West Destiny Online Library Catalog, which is part of our Follett Circulation System.
- Students may check out books and magazines for 3 weeks, by using their Redbook barcode or Student ID card.
- Fines are 10 cents per day, for each item that is overdue.
- Lunch passes may be obtained each day before homeroom, 1st,2nd, and 3rd hours. Only one pass per student is allowed. There is a $1.00 fine for a lost pass.
- Students with overdue books or fines are not able to check out materials or passes.
Media Center Usage...
- Students may use the center to read, do homework, and check-out books before homeroom each day
- Gum, food, and colored beverages are not permitted. Bottled water with a cap is allowed at the tables and seating area.
- Productive noise is acceptable, but students who are disruptive or disrespectful to materials or resources will be asked to leave.
Computer Lab Usage...
- Students may use desktop computers before homeroom and during lunch recess with permission.
- Computer use is intended for school related work only, and procedures follow the Student Internet Guidelines in the Student Handbook.
- Printing is free using black ink, and color printing is available for 25 cents for half-page and 50 cents for an entire page.
West Library Catalog
- Destiny - Search our library catalog from home or school.
- easybib.com – Online bibliography composer.
- Owl Purdue Online Writing Lab - For help with MLA style and Works Cited Page
- MeL – Offers a wide assortment of resources including articles from reference sources, magazines, and newspapers.