Promoting personal development and a passion for learning, the International Academy @ The Park (IA@P) provides students with the opportunity to approach their high school studies from a global perspective. Cultural appreciation, theory of knowledge, global citizenship, high rigor and high intensity are the hallmarks of this academy.
The Plymouth-Canton Educational Park is on track to be able to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program beginning in 2014-15. Students who enroll in the IA@P will take courses which prepare them for the rigors of the IB diploma. They will earn the 2-year IB diploma during their junior and senior years.
- Why Choose IB? Ten ways IB prepares you for university.
- International Academy (video 6:43, MP4 ) short video introduction from Feb. 2017 Curriculum Night
- Sample Schedule (Updated November 2016) A four year course plan for IA@P students.
- What do colleges think about IB? A list of assumptions colleges make about IB students.
- Joining in 10th grade. A sample schedule for students joining the IA@P in 10th grade.
- Joining in 11th grade. A sample schedule for students joining the IA@P in 11th grade.
- IB Graduate Survey. A survey of IB graduates gives feedback about the benefits of the program. Pay particular attention to slides 19, 21, 28 and 30.
International Academy General Resources
General resources for all student members of the International Academy.
- The International Baccalaureate Program
- About the IB Diploma Programme
- IB Diploma Programme Online Curriculum Centre
International Academy News
04/15/2019 11:31 AM