Please visit this website throughout the year to read about the ongoing projects/activities your son/daughter is engaging in. This site will provide you with monthly newsletters, pictures from each class, updates for parent/students, as well as resources. Each curriculum (Principles of Biomedical Science, Introduction to Engineering & Principle of Engineering) is posted on its own Moodle site for teachers and students to communicate weekly lesson plans.
Students and parents if you have any questions concerning, grades, homework, labs or any issue you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact the teacher for the course or John.Magoulick@pccsk12.com, K-12 Coordinator of STEM and Career Technology Education.
I will do my best to return your call or email as promptly as possible. I am here for you, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Students who commit to the STEM Academy @ The Park (SA@P) will take directed and focused steps toward competent and capable citizenship in a dynamic and technology dependent society. Anchored by the Project Lead the Way curriculum, the SA@P features two tracks: Biomedical Sciences and Pathways to Engineering.
In addition to a clear emphasis on studies in science, technology, engineering and math, students who enroll in SA@P will experience project-based learning, partnerships with international businesses located within close proximity to the school district, and opportunities for college credit. For more information on Project Lead the Way, visit www.pltw.org.
- Sample schedule for STEM Academy @ The Park
- STEM Detail Sheet
- Middle School Information Sheet for Incoming Freshmen, 2018 (PDF, 6 pages)
Biomedical Sciences (BMS)*
- Principles of Biomedical Sciences (PBS)
- Human Body Systems (HBS)
- Medical Interventions (MI)
- Biomedical Innovations (BI)
Pathways to Engineering (PTE)*
- Introduction to Engineering Design (IED)
- Principles of Engineering (POE)
- Biotechnical Engineering: Environmental Sustainability (BE)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- Engineering Design & Development (EDD)
*These documents are being provided for informational purposes only. The actual courses will include many elements described within these course guides; however, the curriculum is designed to allow for teacher flexibility and creativity, and to be adaptable based on the resources of the local school district.
STEM General Resources
- EdHeads Edheads is an online educational resource that provides free science and math games and activities that promote critical thinking. Choose from Simple Machines, Virtual Knee Surgery or Stem Cell Heart Repair, among others. All activities meet state and national standards.
- MIT BLOSSOMS Videos from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the following subject areas: Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Science (and more) to Music Songs about math and science concepts.
- WolframAlpha Computational Knowledge Engine