P-CEP has access to the following databases through the Michigan Electronic Library
Databases are all available at school but may require a password for home access. Some databases work better in the Google Chrome Browser.
See this MeL Minute blog entry to see the changes in the MeL website and databases that took place Oct. 1, 2018.
Michigan eLibrary (MeL) eReources contain tremendous amount of resources including more than 78 databases of print and multimedia, full text periodicals, subject gateways and career information.
- Britannica School - Encyclopedia
- New York Times - Full text. The daily newspaper 1995-present.
- Opposing Viewpoints-Searchable collection of full-text essays representing both sides for more than 100 contemporary issues.
- Gale Student Research Center no password needed at school, at home requires a password (ask Teacher or Librarian for password)
MeLTEENS (no longer available - checking to see if the following topics are available )
- Homework Help - Select tutorials and reliable research resources to help complete your homework assignments.
- Life Happens - Life is confusing, sometimes you just need advice. Locate reliable resources on personal issues and career planning.
- Reading Zone - Take your reading with you. Select full length eBooks, comics, zines, and audio books. Read anywhere.
- College Bound - Select, prepare and pay for college. Locate the best pre-planning college guides, practice exams, and scholarships here
Additional Subscription Databases - see Media Specialists for passwords for home use
- Detroit Free Press and Detroit News for digital versions of current and recent newspapers
- Questiaschool.com subscription database containing books, academic journals, magazines, newspapers and encyclopedic articles in full text on a multitude of subjects for student research.
Research Basics Course from JSTOR - this is an a free course hosted in a non P-CCS Moodle site