Schools is ready to welcome your
child for Kindergarten!
The process is easy and we're here to help.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will take place at your home school during the week of February 26 through March 2, 2018. Additional information to follow.
Registration for the 2017-2018 school year is now taking place. Contact your home school for an appointment.
Click HERE for more information on Young 5's Kindergarten.
For P-CCS Early Childhood and Preschool registration, CLICK HERE!
Complete Enrollment Steps 1 through 4
STEP 1: Complete the Online Pre-Enrollment for each new student
Complete the Online Pre-Enrollment - This "pre-enrollment" step sets up an account on our student data system.
This step does not hold a spot for registration until your documentation is received at the school.
STEP 2: Prepare Documents
All of the items below are REQUIRED at the time of registration.
1. PROVIDE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
Michigan law requires that the school maintain a copy of each student's birth certificate. Parents must submit a certified birth certificate (original raised seal). If the birth certificate is not in English, a passport or VISA must also be submitted.
NOTE: Age Requirements: Students who will turn five years old between June 1 and September 1, 2017 will be eligible for Young Fives. Students who turn 5 by September 1, 2017 will be eligible for Kindergarten. Students who turn five between September 1 and December 1, 2017 may be eligible for Young Fives or Kindergarten with a signed waiver.
2. GATHER RESIDENCY DOCUMENTATION
You will need the following forms and items to register your child::
- This completed Registration Form
- This completed Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Technology Form
- Original certified birth certificate: your child should be five-years-old on or before September 1, 2016 (or December 1, 2016 with this signed waiver)
- Immunization requirements/records (**required**)
- Vision Screening Record (**required for Kindergarten**)
- Health Information Form (**required**)
- Concussion Education Information
- Parent/guardian's driver's license for identification purposes only
- Two Items to Prove Residency; such as:
- Property tax record and utility bill
- Homeowners insurance policy and utility bill
- Warranty deed/closing statement for a new resident
- Signed rental/lease agreement and utility bill (rental agreement from a homeowner must include notarized signature of the homeowner)
- Shared living arrangements require a parent-homeowner signed affidavit with proof of residency – click here and see page 2 for additional information.
STEP 3: Visit your student's school and website
Each school may have additional forms and documents that may be required prior to your student's first day of school. Please click on the school below to see requirements.
STEP 4: Stay Informed
If you have not already done so, please sign up to receive the latest information from Plymouth-Canton Community Schools and your student's school
Watch this video and learn more about All Day Kindergarten...