*** COVID-19 Updates ***
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. This virus originated in Wuhan, China. The CDC is monitoring the cases of COVID-19 in the United States.
- What you need to know about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Current and factual information about COVID-19 can be found at the CDC website.
- Steps to prevent illness There are preventive actions that can be done to help to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses and illnesses.
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 The COVID-19 outbreak can be stressful for parents, children and communities. This resource from the CDC provides helpful suggestions on how to cope during the COVID-19.
P-CCS School Nurse Mission Statement
The mission of the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools School Nurses is to be proactive in issues that affect the health of children and to promote optimal learning in the educational setting.
These pages serve as a single-source communication between P-CCS families and the P-CCS School Nurses. You will find important information related to common health concerns in the school setting, contact information for the school nurses as well as valuable links for accurate medical information.
School Nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.
- Adopted at the NASN Board of Directors meeting, June 1999.
"You can't educate children if they are not healthy and you can't keep children healthy if they are not educated."
- Jocelyn Elders, Former US Surgeon General
Health and Safety pages are located in the blue menu on the left of this page
Health & Safety News
Updated Hours and Availability for the E.J. McClendon Center in Plymouth (as of afternoon on July 6)
07/6/2020 11:00 AM
03/20/2020 8:42 PM
03/3/2020 2:56 PM
01/14/2020 3:13 PM